Last day of 2015! What a great year for our company. I wanted to thank the almost 1,800 new restaurants that started subscribing to Schedulefly in 2015. Wow! We truly appreciate you choosing us to help make life just a little easier at your restaurants.
2016 will be our 9th year as a company and with such awesome continued growth rather than list all of the things we did this year at Schedulefly – I thought I’d flip it upside down and be different and make a top 10 list of the things we did not do this year.
1. We did not have meetings – not once was our team of 5 people in the same city this year. There wasn’t a reason to meet.
2. We did not hire anyone – we started the year with 5 people and are still 5. Hiring and growth don’t always have to be linear.
3. We did not open any offices – we all still work at home. It’s actually wildly productive.
4. We did not partner with any other companies – it’s still just us. Like my Mom use to tell me as a kid, just worry about yourself.
5. We did not add any features to Schedulefly – the problem we solve hasn’t changed.
6. We did not spend much money – outside of investing into our hardware and software on the back end.
7. We did not attend any trade shows or conferences or networking type events – we just don’t enjoy them.
8. We did not post a single social media post about our company – we don’t have any social media accounts. Makes it easy.
9. We did not have a company trip or company holiday party – we texted happy holidays to each other.
10. We did not send a single email blast to customers or to prospects – if you think about 1-9 above – there was really nothing to say to people we already know and telling people we don’t know (about ourselves) is not something we find attractive.
I realize we have a very unique business and a team that is ok with the above – and yes – had we done the above we would have probably grown a little bit more. But the complication and work that would have resulted from doing them would have made this business less fun for us and for our customers.
Happy New Year!